LINKS AND IMAGES WILL OPEN IN A NEW WINDOW.

Tuesday 8 February 2011

The Whimsical World of Thomas Joseph - Hand Wash Only

Before I continue, there’s a tale I feel I simply must share. A few years ago, my parents had returned from a holiday and given me a Thomas Joseph fridge magnet (I collect fridge magnets), bearing the Hand Wash Only design. 

Thomas Joseph - Hand Wash Only

Fast-forward to Christmas 2010, when I received a Thomas Joseph cross-stitch kit from my gran, for the same design. My gran had known nothing about the fridge magnet, and although my mother had been involved in helping to wrap the cross-stitch kit, she had played no other part. In fact, because it had been some years since the fridge magnet had been purchased, she had long since forgotten about it.

Anyway, I was absolutely thrilled with the kit, and it was an absolute pleasure to stitch, unlike the Tatty Teddy kit that I’m still battling with. The design was stitched with DMC threads (code numbers were supplied), which proved handy when I ran out of some of the threads supplied with the kit.

Thomas Joseph - Hand Wash Only

No comments: